NEW HAVEN, Conn. - - Ninety-four (94) honorees on Thursday were named to the 2021 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Women's Soccer All-Academic Team, as announced by Commissioner Dan Mara. The total number of honorees represent all 12 schools that compete in the sport in the CACC.
To be eligible for the CACC All-Academic Team, each student-athlete must mee the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the end of immediate preceding term (may include summer for fall sport participants)
- Minimum of two semesters enrolled as full-time student at member institution
- Student-athlete must be second year student-athlete at member institution
- Student-athlete must have been athletically eligible the season preceding the award and used a season of eligibility.
The Wildcats placed 11 student-athletes on the CACC All-Academic Team, led by a pair of four-time honorees in Alexis Johnson and Krysta Memis. The Wildcats also have a pair of three-time honorees in Viviana Caamano and Emily Navarette as well as five Wildcats that are now two-time honorees in Samantha Bennett, Samantha Emmi, Kailey Hyland, Kasie Lambert, and Yazmyne Valencia. First-year honorees include Jalah Turner and Julia Yuhase.
Caldwell University led the way with 16 honorees, while CACC Champion Thomas Jefferson University was next with 15 student-athletes making the list. Nyack College and Wilmington University (2021 CACC WSOC Finalist) followed with 11 honorees apiece.
Six student-athletes who made the team posted perfect 4.00 cumulative grade point averages including Nicole Jenal (Felician University); Milena Ricken (Nyack); Maren Wolf (Nyack); Michelle Baum (Nyack); Audrey Poehler (Post University); and Krysta Memis (Wilmington).
- Thirty-six (36) of the honorees earned GPAs of 3.90 or higher.
- Thirty-five (35) were named to the team for the second time in their career.
- Sixteen (16) were honored for the third time.
- Seven made it for the fourth time.