NEWARK, Del. - - For the second week in a row, Wilmington University baseball outfielder Quintin Ivy has been named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) East Region Player of the Week, for the week ending Sunday, April 18.
In four games last week, Ivy finished with a slash line of .600/.611/1.267, going 9-for-15 with four doubles, two homers, 11 RBI, seven runs scored and three stolen bases.
He batted 4-for-5 with two doubled and a home run in the first game of a doubleheader against Nyack, collecting six RBI and scoring four times. In the nightcap against the Warriors, he went 2-for-2 with a double and a homer, three RBI and three runs scored. Ivy also pitched a scoreless inning in relief with two strikeouts.
In the doubleheader against Jefferson, he went 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI in game one while finishing the week with a 2-for-4 performance in game two. He added his final RBI in the nightcap against the Rams.
Le Moyne's Joe Vail was named the National and East Pitcher of the Week after tossing a no-hitter and going 1-0 with 21 strikeouts in 12 innings of work.
- Atlantic: Chris Iazzetta, Wheeling University (Hitter); Chase Nowak, East Stroudsburg (W.Va.) (Pitcher)
- Central: Tyler Clark-Chipparelli, Washburn (Hitter); Seth Brewer, Northern State (Pitcher)
- East: Quintin Ivy, Wilmington (Del.) (Hitter); Joe Vail, Le Moyne (Pitcher)
- Midwest: Austin Alderman, Illinois-Springfield (Hitter); Ryan Louck, Maryville (Pitcher)
- South: Hayden White, Delta State (Hitter); Dylan Marsh, Mississippi College (Pitcher)
- South Central: Johnny Hernandez, St. Mary's (Texas) (Hitter); Armando Valle, Lubbock Christian (Pitcher)
- Southeast: Daulton Martin, Tusculum (Hitter); Greg Brown, Catawba (Pitcher)
- West: Osvaldo Tovalin, Azusa Pacific (Hitter); Kyle Ethridge, Northwest Nazarene (Pitcher)