NEW HAVEN, Conn. - - Fifty-nine (59) honorees on Thursday were named to the 2021 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Men's Soccer All-Academic Team, as announced by Commissioner Dan Mara. The total number of honorees represent all 12 schools that compete in the sport in the CACC.
To be eligible for the CACC All-Academic Team, each student-athlete must mee the following criteria:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the end of immediate preceding term (may include summer for fall sport participants)
- Minimum of two semesters enrolled as full-time student at member institution
- Student-athlete must be second year student-athlete at member institution
- Student-athlete must have been athletically eligible the season preceding the award and used a season of eligibility.
The Wildcats placed six student-athletes on the CACC All-Academic Team, led by four second-year honorees in Jackson Brandwene, Shawn Genus, Hakim Williams, and Victor Molina. Konstantinos Parisis and Reinoud van Eijk were honored as first-time members as well.
CACC Champion Post University led the way with 11 honorees on the academic team, followed by Nyack College with nine student-athletes making the list. Four of Post's student-athletes earned grade point averages of 3.90 or higher, led by Soren Jensen with a 3.97 in his major of business administration. Nyack's Marvin Lugmeier led the way for all honorees with a perfect 4.0 GPA
- Fourteen (14) of the honorees earned GPAs of 3.90 or higher.
- Twenty-six (26) were named to the team for the second time in their career.
- Seven were honored for the third time.