NEW HAVEN, Conn. - - Sixty-one (61) student-athletes on Monday were named to the 2020-21 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Women's Lacrosse All-Academic Team, as announced by Commissioner Dan Mara. The 61 honorees represent nine of the 10 CACC member institutions that have a varsity program in the sport.
The Wilmington University women's lacrosse team placed seven student-athletes on the 2021 CACC All-Academic Team, led by three-time honoree Alexis Miller (3.69 cumulative GPA in elementary education). Maris Allen is a two-time honoree while earning a 3.70 cumulative GPA in behavioral science while five other Wildcats are first-year honorees. They include Jenna Banks, Julianna Kolakowski, Tori Grubowski, Brooke Siebert, and Marisa Swanson.
Thomas Jefferson University, which advanced to the CACC Championship Final, led the way with 13 honorees, including Erin Eckert who posted team-high 4.00 cumulative grade point average her graduate studies of innovation (MBA). She also posted a 3.82 in her undergrad work of engineering. Post University was next with nine student-athletes being recognized, including Cara DiStefano and Jaclyn Shea each posting 4.0 marks.
- Sixteen (16) of the honorees earned GPAs of 3.90 or higher.
- Nineteen (19) of the honorees made the CACC Men's Lacrosse All-Academic Team for the second time.
- Seven of the honorees made the All-Academic squad for at least the third time.
- CACC Player of the Year, Arden Kassaleh (Caldwell University), was named to the All-Academic Team for the fourth time.
- CACC Champion Georgian Court University had six honorees make the All-Academic Team.