LAKEWOOD, N.J. - - For the third Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Tournament in a row, the Wilmington University men's lacrosse team has earned a spot in the semifinals, this time as the No. 2 seed and earning a First-Round bye for the 2021 CACC Tournament.
The Wildcats will host the CACC Tournament Semifinal round on Thursday, May 5 at the WU Athletics Complex against the First-Round winner between #3 Georgian Court and #6 Post, being played on Tuesday. The opening face-off is set for 2:30 p.m. in Newark, Del.
Wilmington University Rules and Policies for spectators:
- Two spectators per student-athlete
- Grandstands are off limits. Spectators must watch the game from outside the fence at either end of the field.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
Ways to Follow Thursday:
- Live stats: https://wildcats.athletics.wilmu.edu/sports/mlax/2020-21/boxscores/20210506_jhg0.xml
- Live stream: https://caccnetwork.com/wilmington/
The Wildcats are led by CACC Rookie of the Year Logan Stinson, as he leads the Wildcats with 16 goals, 11 assists, and 27 points in six games this season, ranking 11th in the CACC in points despite playing far fewer games than other opponents. His 26 points and 15 goals in CACC games only rank third in the conference while his 11 assists rank fourth overall.
The defense has been stout for the Wildcats, as they lead the league with an 8.20 GAA in CACC play for the year, allowing 41 goals in 5 games. They are 21st in all of NCAA DII with a 9.57 GAA on the season overall. They are also 6th in the country in only committing 15.86 turnovers per game as a team.
Individually, John Greene leads the CACC and is ranked 10th in the country in averaging 2.33 caused turnovers per game on the season. Noah Given is ranked 7th in NCAA DII in averaging 13.67 saves per game as well.
Wildcats vs. 2021 CACC Tournament Participants:
1. Chestnut Hill College Griffins (8-2, 5-0 CACC) – @ L 12-8 (0-3 all-time)
2. Wilmington University Wildcats (4-3, 4-1 CACC)
3. Georgian Court University Lions (7-4, 3-3 CACC) – @ W 13-9 (1-4 all-time)
4. Caldwell University Cougars (5-5, 3-3 CACC) – vs. W 17-5 (1-0 all-time)
5. Dominican College Chargers (3-4, 2-2 CACC) – DNP (2-0 all-time)
6. Post University Eagles (0-7, 0-6 CACC) – vs. W 17-4 (2-1 all-time)
2021 CACC Tournament Schedule:
All Games Played at Higher Seed
Tuesday, May 4 – First Round:
#3 Georgian Court def. #6 Post, 20-8
#5 Dominican def #4 Caldwell, 10-8
Thursday, May 6 – Semifinals:
#3 Georgian Court at #2 Wilmington – 2:30 p.m.
#5 Dominican at #1 Chestnut Hill – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 4 – Championship:
Semifinal Winner 1 vs. Semifinal Winner 2 - TBD